My kids have been craving this mousse like crazy. And I don’t mind because it’s got benefits from raw cacao powder and healthy fat from avocado.
Author: The Allergy Free Family
2 extra ripe large bananas cut in chunks and frozen
1/4 cup raw cacao powder – can add up to 1/2 cup for extra chocolate-y flavor
2 tbs peanut butter
1 large ripe avocado
1 can (13.5 oz) full fat coconut milk
1/4 tsp celtic sea salt
Handful of spinach (optional)
In a blender, mix all ingredients until a smooth consistency is achieved. Serve immediately or can pour batter into popsicle molds and freeze.
- You want to use an avocado that has just become ripe as it will yield a sweeter flavor. However, you don’t want to use one that has ripened to the point of being brown with spots.
- If you want to add some extra vitamins and nutrients then you can toss in a handful of spinach. Spinach is easy to hide in a dessert like this.
- The peanut butter can be omitted if you are allergic. We like the flavor of the peanut butter, but it can definitely be optional or even sub out for almond butter.
- I use celtic sea salt for its mineral content but also because it brings out the flavor specifically in sweet dishes. Just a small dash really make the flavors pop!
- I prefer using Native Forest Organic Classic Coconut Milk. I find that the coconut taste is very subtle and the cream is rich. You can also use Natural Value that does not have guar gum.